Thursday 13 September 2012

Venice: Part One - Murano Jewellery

Recently I visited Italy and spent much of my time in the beautiful city of Venice. On the surface the city is full of international tourists and shop after shop of cartoon-like glass figurines but if you look deeper and take the time to understand its history, you might be surprised. 




I must be honest, I have visited the city many times and each time was much the same....San Marco Square, Murano glass factories, gondola rides etc but this time I travelled with a local and a saw a whole new world (sorry for the cliche).

Over the next few weeks I am going to share some of my favourite experiences, starting with the Island of Murano. First stop is my most favourite Murano glass jewellery brand Elma Venezia, which captures modern elegance using simple classic tradition.


Elma Venezia
By far the most elegant, timeless and wearable glass jewellery I have ever seen. I couldn't resist taking a few pieces home with me and every time I wear them, I feel like I am wearing rare exotic jewels fit for royalty.

Elma Venezia was born from the devotion of saving a thousand year old tradition of craftmanship and skills passed down through generations of families. Each individual glass bead has been hand selected based on its rare materials, intesity of colour and individual characteristic which can only be achieved by hand.

Each piece has limited availability and changes seasonably depending on the European fashion trends. Check out some of the Spring/Summer collection with its bold vibrant colours or stick to the simple elegance of blacks and metallics which are also big for 2012.





Now Available in Australia
Lucky for us, Elma Venezia is reaching out to us Aussies and after many glasses of Prosecco, I can now announce that the jewellery house will be selling direct to the Australian market via our design store Zavara and selected boutique art galleries and jewellers throughout the East Coast. 

In addition, the jewellery house has opened a custom division, for the customer who is looking for the piece that's one of kind.




Next week... More tips and tricks when travelling in Venice, followed buy a feature on Murano Glass House, Nason Moretti.


No comments:

Post a Comment